🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

whats your fav story?

Started by
6 comments, last by moogle87 18 years, 3 months ago
Just wondering whats your favorite game story, mine is final fantasy 7 story, i mean that story was truly a work of art, pure genius.
Advertisement
My favourite story was Anachronox and I think it's my favourite game as well. Where are all the fans of that game? It kinda hurts- Anachronox needs some lovin' too. [sad]
Probably the one I'm writing for our game [grin]

Shameless plugs aside, I can't really remember any game story that really got to me; I guess I either have been spoiled by books, or haven't been playing the right games (I generally play games to mercelessly shoot things, ie not RPGs)

The one I do remember was from Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries, probably because I have played it so many times.

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

"Krazy Ivan"!!!!!!!

That old PS1 game was some sort of mechwarrior, in its form, but it was immensely fun, because of Kzay Ivan himself, who was... well... crazey. If you can find a copy of that game for a buck, then go ahead and get it, it's hilarious!!!
Yours faithfully, Nicolas FOURNIALS
Vagrant Story's story is my favorite. I do quite like FF7's story, but I feel that the second half is too loose and disorganized to maintain drama.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Quote: Original post by Mercury
My favourite story was Anachronox and I think it's my favourite game as well. Where are all the fans of that game? It kinda hurts- Anachronox needs some lovin' too. [sad]

Don't worry, you're not alone! Anachronox was awesome, hope they make a sequel one day..
I only hope it goes in "Nice Price" some day, so that I can afford to buy it without starving my kids for the rest of the month...
Yours faithfully, Nicolas FOURNIALS
Live-a-Live by squaresoft back in the day when it still was squaresoft. The multiple scenarios really hooked me.

Chrono trigger, the lunar series, FF6, Mario Rpg, and Bahamut Lagoon. Those had good stories.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement