🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Are these numbers right?

Started by
40 comments, last by Nicole Poster 23 years, 4 months ago
This is info sent to me by Alex on November/2000 saying the number of copies that were sold of some games, is this information true? Was it him the one who published these games? (I know the first two were but I ask about the rest). -------------------- We sell into 110.000+ retail stores worldwide. Sales of some games: Star Miner got 150.000 pre-orders. Dweebs - 150,000 Autobahn Racer - 40,000 (just released) Sting - 1,000,000+ The Unholy - 20.000 The Fugitive - 9.000 Bravo Romeo Delta - 79.000 Bushido - 110.000 Akuma - 170.000 My City -250.000 Under Fire - 17.000 Message Board about Crystal-Interactive here
Advertisement
question: are you on a personal mission to bring down Crystal Interactive...........
I have seen nothing but criticism for them from you.
You have made your point in several threads that you dont like them. But you keep on and keep on posting these negative things over and over and over.

"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
We are creating a Multi-player space strategy/shoot-em-up/RPG game.
Development is well under way and we do have a playable demo.
Always looking for help.
Digital Euphoria Soft

I have to agree. Your point''s been made, Nicole, and it''s about time for you to relax and enjoy the good things in life. You don''t need to "save" everyone from the "evil".

Thanks.

--JSP
I am wondering if Nicole is the agent of some kind of game company competing with Crystal Interactive.
Excuse me but the only thing I did was asking if anybody (like the developers) knew something about the number of copies sold of those games and who was/were the publisher(s).
Those 3 messages are simply out of topic, it was a question about facts, not intentions or anything else.

To ncsu121978: I wonder how would you feel when your Multi-player space strategy/shoot-em-up/RPG game is finished and you get promised a millon dollars and you end up getting no money and no one knowing that your game even exists.

To JSP: "It''s about time for you to relax and enjoy the good things in life. You don''t need to "save" everyone from the "evil"."
If that is your attitude about life fine, but I''m not that kind of persion, and it''s NEVER "about time" for you to tell me what to do.

To Anonymous Poster: in the same paranoid way I wonder if the 3 of you are agents working for CI, or just Alex with 3 usernames.
For example the first reply to my message was at:
9 February 2001 4:51:33 PM , the second one saying "I have to agree" was at:
9 February 2001 4:55:21 PM

Message Board about Crystal-Interactive here
that last message was mine

Message Board about Crystal-Interactive here
THE 150.000 pre orders of starminer has never happened. It''s true that it''s said by CI alex.
The game is only sold for so far by sublicensce to eGames.
On two large game packets. So I am sure it was a lie the pre orders story.
I am the same poster by the way. I want also to clear up that there are more lies of Alex. It''s true that he promises much things with numbers of sales etc., who never happened. Also some more things in details I can''t say because it isn''t clever to say.

Also I find it very strange that gamedev allowed to post him advertising messages "the search for developers" on this board. A while ago alex said that he quit, bacause I told him that he is advertising on this board and he need to do that in the job section and not here.
I am the developer of Star Miner. I would just like to point out that that previous post was not from me. As far as i know the only people who should know this information are myself and Crystal Interactive. I find it a bit bizzarre to have my games used in a slanging match. I do not recall a figure that high being mentioned to be my Crystal Interactive.

http://www.positech.co.uk
I own by the way your game, look pretty.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement