🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Can you help me with input issue?

Started by
2 comments, last by fooman_69 18 years, 1 month ago
Hello, I have certain keys that need to be disregarded after the initial press of the key (if they are held down). Such as the 'Enter' key or some other 1-hit key. I DO set the key to false in my logic, but it still seems as if it is being held down and is being quickly switched from true/false rapidly. Is there something I need to do besides set the key to false in my input handling routine?
Advertisement
For first, what are you using (GLUT? Win32? SDL? X?)...
I've never had those problems using DirectInput nor I had using WM_KEYUP and WM_KEYDOWN.

Previously "Krohm"

I'm not sure how much we can help you until you post your current code... is there some reason you can't do that?
Please excuse my lack of follow-up. I forgot I posted this issue in this forum and reposted it in another forum. I received a some help and now use a second array that compares the current and previous frames to determine if they key is being held down or just being pressed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement