🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Mac OS X NeHe Tutorial for Carbon

Started by
3 comments, last by joeprogramer 18 years, 1 month ago
Hey everyone, I liked the NeHe tutorials, but there was something missing for Mac. Sure, it had a Cocoa tutorial, but Cocoa is object oriented, and can be intimidating. And the Carbon tutorial it did have didn't tell you what to do for the Windows tutorial that you needed to be able to get going. To remedy the situation, I basically took the tutorial for Windows, and then modified any parts that didn't work on a Mac. I don't know if you webmasters will use this, but here it is on my site: righton.thruhere.net I've also ported the first 30 or so lesson code to OS X, but I haven't got around to putting it on my site :). [Edited by - joeprogramer on May 10, 2006 5:02:49 PM]
"The first person to succeed is the first person to make 100 mistakes."See MY 100 mistakes atRightOn.ThruHere.net
Advertisement
Does no-one find this useful, or am I just being ignored? :(

If somebody is going to post the Mac version on NeHe's site (or not) please let me know!
"The first person to succeed is the first person to make 100 mistakes."See MY 100 mistakes atRightOn.ThruHere.net
I've sent a message to the person running the site at the moment.

G
Sorry - I've just been busy lately [smile]

So just run this by me - your tutorial replaces the one here with full code?

If you'd like us to add anything to the NeHe site, or to link to your site, just email nehe@gamedev.net with the details.
More than that--It also "replaces" the one found here. So if Mac users complete this tutorial, they can move right into NeHe tutorial #2.

>>I've sent a message to the person running the site at the moment.

Uhh... I don't think that the message system is properly working right now. If you want to leave a message on the site, just send a comment. Comments are moderated before they are displayed, so if you send me private comment, I won't let it get displayed. Sorry about the inconvience.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement