🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

creating new polygon

Started by
0 comments, last by Demus79 18 years, 1 month ago
hi. i have this random function that draws a shape whenever it's runed. int callrandom() { struct object normal; normal.x=0.0f; normal.y=0.0f; srand((unsigned)time(0)); int rann = (rand()%6)+1; if(rann==1){shapeone(normal);} if(rann==2){shapetwo(normal);} if(rann==3){shapethree(normal);} if(rann==4){shapefour(normal);} if(rann==5){shapefive(normal);} if(rann==6){shapesix(normal);} return rann; } as you can see, rann is the number randomly picked and normal contains the coordinate for each shape by the way, the shape is 2D. when i call this function in DrawGLScene(GLvoid) the shape is replaced, so that it changes. i want to make it so that shape draws on each other, without replacing the previous shape drawn. any advice will be helpful. thanks in advance.
Advertisement

Well, you have some options.

- Either you don't clear screen (might be slightly problematic since normally you use several back buffers)
Perhaps, using a texture as a render target could work ?

- Store the random number to a buffer and render all the previous shapes too. This will eventually make your program go really slow :)

Hope this helps.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement