🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[4e5]Discuss: Emblem

Started by
84 comments, last by superpig 17 years, 11 months ago
I've got a question about the Emblem. I've read all replies here and couldn't find it discussed:
Can I use a character as my Emblem? For example, if I were to enter Tomb Raider as my entry, would Lara Croft count as an Emblem, or Sonic?
I'm thinking about doing something of this sort, but I'm not sure if that might be stretching it a bit too far.

Thanks [smile].
Sirob Yes.» - status: Work-O-Rama.
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by sirob
I've got a question about the Emblem. I've read all replies here and couldn't find it discussed:
Can I use a character as my Emblem? For example, if I were to enter Tomb Raider as my entry, would Lara Croft count as an Emblem, or Sonic?
I'm thinking about doing something of this sort, but I'm not sure if that might be stretching it a bit too far.

Hummmmmmm. I think the answer has to be "yes," but you should take care to ensure that your character is memorable. Sam Fisher or Rayman have very distinguishable, recognisable characteristics; Generic Hero #7 less so.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Quote: Original post by superpig

Hummmmmmm. I think the answer has to be "yes," but you should take care to ensure that your character is memorable. Sam Fisher or Rayman have very distinguishable, recognisable characteristics; Generic Hero #7 less so.

Lara Croft has more memorable "characteristics" than Sam Fisher. [wink]

John B
The best thing about the internet is the way people with no experience or qualifications can pretend to be completely superior to other people who have no experience or qualifications.
Quote: Original post by superpig

Excellent. I'll see how recognisable I'll be able to make it, and decide if it could work out. Thanks for the quick answer! [smile]
Sirob Yes.» - status: Work-O-Rama.
What about the deus ex symbol? The deus ex symbol was mainly present at game startup and in the gui, not so much when playing the game. Even so, every time i see the symbol i think of deus ex. Would similar usage be enough?
Quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster
What about the deus ex symbol? The deus ex symbol was mainly present at game startup and in the gui, not so much when playing the game. Even so, every time i see the symbol i think of deus ex. Would similar usage be enough?

Well, problem is, that when I look at the symbol (and I had to go to Google Images for it because I didn't remember it off the top of my head), it doesn't make me think "Deus Ex." And I've played the game through several times. So I'd say you need more than what they had.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement