Advertisement

[4E5] Screenshots and Art

Started by June 05, 2006 10:15 AM
351 comments, last by XDigital 17 years, 9 months ago
Nooo! That looks worryingly similar to what I'm trying to do. Mine won't be grid based though, and is hopefully unconventional enough (and has good enough shadows) to stand out.
___________________________________________________David OlsenIf I've helped you, please vote for PigeonGrape!
Quote: Original post by RAZORUNREAL
Nooo! That looks worryingly similar to what I'm trying to do. Mine won't be grid based though, and is hopefully unconventional enough (and has good enough shadows) to stand out.

Your kind of not the only one... same goes for me up to your first sentence.
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by The_Neverending_Loop

was tempted to do my 4e5 this way too but i thought that a lot of people'd be doing it - lol
Mike
Quote: Original post by MichaelNolan
Quote: Original post by The_Neverending_Loop

was tempted to do my 4e5 this way too but i thought that a lot of people'd be doing it - lol

ya a medieval rts isn't really a unique idea.. it's just easier to incorporate all the elements. ;P but I guarantee it will have completely different aspects then what you guys are plannin.
Check out my 4E6 progress!( Personal Guarantee! You will NOT get rick-rolled. )
Quote: Original post by handless

ya a medieval rts isn't really a unique idea.. it's just easier to incorporate all the elements. ;P but I guarantee it will have completely different aspects then what you guys are plannin.

i dont doubt that, and i cant wait to try a few of these projects.
Mike

This is an early screenshot from my entry, Underome. There are no shadows or particles yet, and the terrain artwork is temporary, but the screenshot does show the finished model of the Skirk, which was created by Juri Unt.

The general idea of the game is that you are a Skirk trainer in Rome. There are illegal and secret Skirk fights that take place in Underome, the arena secretly built below the Coliseum. You can buy and sell Skirks (male and female) and Skirk eggs, breed your Skirks, and train them to try and make them as ferocious as possible. And of course, each week you get to enter some of your Skirks into the Underome and fight them against other Skirks.

A brief write-up of the game can be found at my website.

The game is written in C++ using my 2D games framework, Miracle2D, which uses Win32 for rendering and input, etc.

[Edited by - shadowcomplex on August 27, 2006 9:54:50 PM]
Advertisement
http://www.moonfire.us/blog/category/games/itrifore/turf-wars/

I finally have something that looks like a screenshot. :) Of course, it is very much a work in progress since I'm focusing on the editors and learning new programs, but I figured I'd post what I got. These are just the screenshots from my blog, a description of what they represents is over there. Oh, and each one is a link to the bigger one.

turf-wars-screenshot-1.png turf-wars-screenshot-2.png turf-wars-screenshot-3.png turf-wars-screenshot-4.png turf-wars-screenshot-5.png turf-wars-screenshot-6.png turf-wars-screenshot-7.png turf-wars-screenshot-8.png turf-wars-screenshot-9.png turf-wars-screenshot-10.png

Cheers!

Units now scream and spew blood everywhere when they die.
Quote: Original post by shadowcomplex
*img snip*

This is an early screenshot from my entry, Underome. There are no shadows or particles yet, and the terrain artwork is temporary, but the screenshot does show the finished model of the Skirk, which was created by Juri Unt.

The general idea of the game is that you are a Skirk trainer in Rome. There are illegal and secret Skirk fights that take place in Underome, the arena secretly built below the Coliseum. You can buy and sell Skirks (male and female) and Skirk eggs, breed your Skirks, and train them to try and make them as ferocious as possible. And of course, each week you get to enter some of your Skirks into the Underome and fight them against other Skirks.

A brief write-up of the game can be found at my website.

The game is written in C++ using my 2D games framework, Miracle2D, which uses Win32 for rendering and input, etc.

At the first glance, reminded me of Dune.. hmmm.. looks nice though.. :)
@Oberon_Command:

for your minimap do you call a for loop everyframe using an array? or do you somehow call it once when things change? I'm still trying to figure out how to have a dynamically updated minimap w/o rendering several images to represent each tile everyframe.. right now I got 1 image that spans the entire minimap, but I can't update it to show differen't types of tiles w/o loading over 1000 images 60 times a second.
Check out my 4E6 progress!( Personal Guarantee! You will NOT get rick-rolled. )

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement