🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

X-Box Independent Developer Programs

Started by
4 comments, last by Ghostface 23 years, 4 months ago
I was wondering if anyone here is a participant of the X-Box development programs: the Independent Developer Program, or the Incubator Program (if you have no clue what I'm talking about, go to www.xbox.com). If so, can you tell me what it's like: i.e., what the dev kits are like, what tools should be used with it, etc. Any information would be appereciated. Edited by - Ghostface on February 18, 2001 5:01:00 PM
------------------------------"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. " - Galileo Galilei
Advertisement
Euhm maybe I make my product for a console 2 heh. But I''ll set up a decode team for that one. ( Some peeps just know the exact language of those machines, and can translate it)

It might take a while, but doing it yourself takes a longgg time hehe
god damn has every gone mad now. Developing for the xbox isn''t that wonderfull as everyone seems to believe right now. besides it''s a M$ product and the stupid thing behind all this is independent developers get eaten up by M$ if their product could sell if not they are just left alone but still you support the monopoly of microsoft. doesn''t that get into anyones head it just makes m$ richer and indies get kicked but this time they are killing themselves..........
I don't understand why you think that way. Obviously you didn't read any of the information (www.xbox.com/dev). I'm not so naive as to trust everything that someone says, however this does sound perfectly legit. If anyone is a participant in either one of these programs, please post a message telling me about it. Thanks.

Edited by - Ghostface on February 19, 2001 5:48:55 PM
------------------------------"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. " - Galileo Galilei
anonymous poster: why are you so anti microsoft? they have done great things for us.
bad!
I''m part of a team that participates in the XPK program (aka Independent Developer Program), however, all of the info given out as part of the XPK is under a stringent NDA. The long-term success of these programs and possible expansion of the XPK is pretty much dependent on everyone following the rules, so I can''t say much. I''m not even under the NDA yet, so I haven''t been able to view most of the materials first-hand, but I don''t want to screw up the works.

I can re-iterate what''s blatantly said on the link provided above (www.xbox.com/dev): The XPK will help a developer create a PC that can act as a low-end development system, create a prototype in the interests of getting a publisher, and aid you in getting that prototype as close to XBox ready as you can without having the licensed Development Kit. And let me point out one biggie on that link (from what I''ve heard, some people have missed this point in signing up): No Development Tools. You''ll get nothing from the XPK but some information, not even any software. Everything is do-it-yourself. The private newsgroups are available for discussion however.

Radhil Trebors
Persona Under Construction
Radhil TreborsPersona Under Construction

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement