🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Container libs

Started by
2 comments, last by GameDev.net 24 years, 8 months ago
Well, if you're using MSVC, you will have CTypedPtrArray, CTypedPtrList, and CTypedPtrMap, which can take whatever type of data you wish them to hold. Granted, they are technically MFC, but they aren't part of the CObject heirarchy so they don't have to carry the vast overhead.

Really, though, STL isn't bad once you get used to it, and it's a good thing to know. There's an STL reference on www.codeguru.com you might want to take a look at, and see if you think it would be alright to use after all.

-fel

~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~
Advertisement
Learn STL. It's worth the effort. It's high performance, more flexible than any other container library I've used, and once you get the basics down, easy to code for.

Here is a page with a bunch of links to STL tutorials: http://www.sgi.com/Technology/STL/other_resources.html

------------------
-vince

-vince

Hi everyone. I am developing a GUI, and I need a container libraries. I don't care if they are cross platform, 'cause I only use Win32 API. STL is too damn coplex and hard to debug. Does anyone know of anything better?
Thanx.
As all of the other posts, I highly recommend the STL. It is actually quite easy to learn and quite consistent. The one thing you will absolutely learn to abore though is the IMPLEMENTATIONS. Very few compilers have well written implementations for all of the standard classes, and even when they work right, they will fill your screen with warnings that make it very hard to find the meaningful warnings amoung the mess.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement