🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How's the new look NeHe site going guys?

Started by
6 comments, last by evolutional 18 years ago
Just thought I'd ask. Maybe you could add a few beta screenshots on the GameDev IOTD?
Advertisement
We are currently hammering out a few details on what we plan to do. Unfortunately no screenshots yet but we should have news shortly :)
Going pretty good, had a small technical problem a week or so ago. We've since then fixed that and are now continuing forward. We should have something up soon, but like llvllatrix said we are still hammering out some details.
Sounds good guys.

Keep up the good work... and thanks for all your effort.

I, for one, appreciate the time and work everyone has put in to get the site back up and running again.
I'm new to the site and have found the tutorials very helpful - am up to #19 now, but at this point I'm getting eye ache staring at the text - any chance you could increase the font size slightly in your redesign? I can change the font size of the programming using the internet options but not the size of the font in the tutorial help boxes. Tis only a suggestion, but when you're at work learning something new, you literally do stare at the screen for 8 hours, and any little bit of help to do that would be much appreciated. (My screen size is 1280x1024 with 32bpp)

Other than that, I've found the site really useful and very well laid out and its saved me hours in searching the internet to learn OpenGl, so thanks guys for all your hard work! I guess I just need a few more coffee (and eye) breaks.

I have actuarly never seen the new site, but it's definitly worth concidering, if it looks good and works well, the plan is to have even more text that explains a bit more than before, so with a larger font it means you'll be scrolling the window for ages to find a certain bit of code.

However, this problem only exist in Internet Explorer 6, on Firefox 1,5 the text size do increase as expected everywhere, and chances are that IE7 will fix this (but you never know with microsoft).
Ah, that'll be the problem then - I'm using IE6. I guess that'll get upgraded at work at somepoint.

Where do I report a broken link I found on NeHe's site? I'm probably completely blind, but I cant see an email address or contact on the main screen.

Thanks
The development version of the NeHe site doesn't really have a 'new look'. AFAIK, the effort is going into content and functionality over style ;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement