🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

XBLA: Showdown

Started by
9 comments, last by Billr17 17 years, 10 months ago
Hi guys, I know there's a lot of interest in the X-Box Live Arcade (XBLA) for Indie Developers but for most of us it's out of reach due to various considerations (time, money, accessibility) I propose, with Microsoft's co-operation, that sometime after the 4E5 compettition we have an XBLA show-down. The aim is to develop an XBLA game on the PC and hopefully arrange for Microsoft to talk to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place entries. It wouldn't be a guarantee to have their game on XBLA but instead would be a catapult for launching them in to talks with the Microsoft Team. What do you think?
Advertisement
That sounds great, but why is this related to 4E5 ?
This is the GDNetContest forum, not the 4E5 forum...
Quote: Original post by twoaterisn

Yes, that's my point. I was asking why "sometime after the 4E5 compettition" ?
Quote: Original post by c0mas
Quote: Original post by twoaterisn
Yes, that's my point. I was asking why "sometime after the 4E5 compettition" ?
Because it would be nice not to to force people to choose between the two. At the least, they would detract from each other in terms of staff time and community involvement.
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Of course, there's nothing stopping people from making their 4E5 entries Xbox-friendly. If you win 4E5, it may be an indicator that you've got something worth talking to Microsoft about.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Quote: Original post by superpig
Of course, there's nothing stopping people from making their 4E5 entries Xbox-friendly. If you win 4E5, it may be an indicator that you've got something worth talking to Microsoft about.

Does Xbox360 have compilers for any language but C++? You'd hope MS would push .NET but Blitz/GameMaker/etc aren't really compatible.
Quote: Original post by d000hg
Does Xbox360 have compilers for any language but C++? You'd hope MS would push .NET but Blitz/GameMaker/etc aren't really compatible.

XNA Framework. Requires an Xbox 360 devkit.
*bump* seeing as there's just recently been news related to the XNA Express framework. The only thing I don't like is the restrictive nature of the framework.
Quote: Original post by Metorical
The only thing I don't like is the restrictive nature of the framework.
?

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement