🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

one error when compiling Lesson 1

Started by
1 comment, last by sspeedy 18 years ago
I got rid of most of the errors by looking at the other thread started by someone who was having compilation issues with msvc 2005. Here's my main error: MSVCRTD.lib(crtexe.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function ___tmainCRTStartup I also get this error; is this harmless for now? warning C4244: 'return' : conversion from 'WPARAM' to 'int', possible loss of data Just in case someone recommends 'linking' the libraries, this is what the beginning of my program looks like: #include <windows.h> #include <gl\gl.h> #include <gl\glu.h> #include <gl\glaux.h> #pragma comment(lib, "OpenGL32.lib") // #pragma comment(lib, "GLu32.lib") // err.. what's the proper code tag?
Advertisement
The error can be fixed by going to "Project->Properties->Configuration Properties->Linker->System->SubSystem" and setting that to "Windows".

The warning can be dealt with by writing return static_cast< int >( msg.wParam );, which tells the compiler that you know that the size of int may be smaller than WPARAM. It is not a problem in this case.

Forum FAQ: Tags.

jfl.
thanks jfl. it works now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement