🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Lesson 1 : opengl's

Started by
6 comments, last by 98smithg 17 years, 11 months ago
i tried to run lesson 1 , i linked all the stuff and everything but i get a load of errors . Lesson1.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__UnregisterClassA@8 referenced in function "void __cdecl KillGLWindow(void)" (?KillGLWindow@@YAXXZ) Lesson1.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__DestroyWindow@4 referenced in function "void __cdecl KillGLWindow(void)" (?KillGLWindow@@YAXXZ) ect... i compiled it in visual c++ v 8.0 . what would cause this ?
Advertisement
It looks like you haven't linked to the windows libraries. Did you create a new project for it as MFC or something like that? I thought Visual C++ usually linked to that stuff automatically.

i didnt need to create it as a new any thing because i then downloaded the source which had it as a project already made. on vc++ directorys i linked glux.lib and some others like it said.
When you setup MSVC 8, did you install the Platform SDK?
yes i installed a platform sdk but when i read the notes it said it dosnt suport version 6.0 and below of v c++ . it said windows no longer suports these versions . as the tutorials where written in 6.0 it makes it a little hard to folow them i guess.
I dont think thats the problem. DestroyWindow and Unregister class are Win32 functions, they will be supported in VC 8 because without them you wouldnt be able to destroy windows. [smile]
Member of the NeHe team.
The next question is: when you installed the Platform SDK did you update the corewin_express.vsprops file to have AdditionalDependencies="kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib"?
i did a search for the file you mentioned then changed the variable in notepad , now it works :-) thanks sicrane , your a ledgand

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement