🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[4e5] FPS? TPS? Iso? ...?

Started by
11 comments, last by Richy2k 17 years, 11 months ago
What type of game are you making? I think i'll be doing mines 3rd person.
Mike
Advertisement
plz. 4d
Viewpoint? pssh..My game doesn't even have graphics.
D. "Nex" ShankarRed Winter Studios
3rd person? Now that could be any game. I'm doing a game where you program bots to build more bots in order to create a team that eventually needs to kill of an opposing team of likewise bots. In other words, it's a real time strategy game with preprogrammed ai that controlls all the units, so the game is really about configuration and ai programming.

[edit: uhm - and it probably won't make the 4e5]
In case you were wondering what to put in your next christian game; don't ask me, because I'm an atheist, an infidel, and all in all an antitheist. If that doesn't bother you, visit my site that has all kinds of small utilities and widgets.
Quote: Original post by Joakim_ar
3rd person? Now that could be any game.

yeah, i see what you mean. Maybe i'll be a little more specific when i ask next time ^_^
Mike
Sadly it's lookly less likely I can get my game finished on time, so I may have to either pull out of 4E5 or make something smaller and different.

But my present game will be 3rd person, 2D and (probably) tiled, but not technically isometric.
3rd person, 3D but orthographic top-down view (so you only see 2D)
Wireframe or maybe just like an old console games (eg. NINTENDO) ^_^
I hope it runs in the minimum specs @_@
strategic 2d platforms action
2D Side-view airplane shooter

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement