🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

MMORPG'S SQL AND C++

Started by
6 comments, last by Azrael 23 years, 4 months ago
Someone knows a good tutorial on using SQL from C++? I have all the data to do that on ASP, but I havent found anything on C++, could someone give me a pointer?
Advertisement
www.mysql.com has an api for c++. click on MySQL++ for information on using it. very useful
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!!
The O''Reilly MySQL+mSQL book is a very good introduction and reference to the SQL language, MySQL administration, and the C/C++ APIs.
Matt Slot / Bitwise Operator / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
I don''t really think you need the book (I could be wrong). All the info''s on the web site and the API comes with a good GUI for administrating MySQL
This is of course assuming that you want to connect to a MySQL database. There are a bunch of different ways to connect to various SQL servers. The most common and generic being ODBC. Microsoft has a bunch of alternatives that sit on top of ODBC like ADO. Also, some database companies, such as Oracle, provide proprietary APIs as well.
Is it possible to use MySQL(++) from MSVC? Or is it too much trouble?

Isn''t there another way to talk to ODBC in Windows?
Where do I need to look for these functions, and can you give a few example function names (they produce good search queries).
Is there something like:
  CTable *pTablePersons = odbcQuery("SELECT * FROM tblPersons");  

Is there a Windows API for C(++)? Is it any good? Why not?

This MySQL looks very cool! (but the cout makes it look a little DOSSY)
If you haven''t seen it yet...Check this example out:
http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql++/4_Tutorial.html#SECTION02141000000000000000

There''s only one down side - I cannot find any MSVC support
Yeah it doesn''t work in MSVC i''ve tried it :*( but i don''t need to use the cout statements as these are basically just numbers that the game will convert into graphics and stuff! I prolly didn''t say it right but you get what i mean.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement