🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How to get a license to do a game...

Started by
2 comments, last by ogracian 23 years, 4 months ago
Hi, I just wondering how much hard or which is the procedure to get a license for a gaem, I mean, how can a company get the rights to do a game of a "Marvel Comics" character (For Example) Thanks!
Advertisement
You pitch your game idea to the company and prove to them you can pull it off. Unless you''re an established company you don''t have a chance of them letting you use their trademark.

Remember that Dungeons and Dragons movie? That''s a company''s worst nightmare. Their good name blemished by one crappy product.

Ben
http://therabbithole.redback.inficad.com
It depends 100% of what some people at Marvel want, what KalvinB said can be considered as the ''usual'' thing but the reality may be anything, they may allow you to do it for an amount of money or royalties, of for free if your game helps promoting what they do, or they may pay you a few millons as a gift, or ask you to donate a kidney, just ask them.
I just looked at their website and to licensing inquires they provide this phone number 212-576-9286, they have email addresses (mail@marvel.com,webmaster@marvel.com) but they will probably tell you to call that number (if they even reply).

Nicole Pos...:-) Roman Arce
Hi, and Thanks so much for your advice!

Best Regards!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement