🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Please Try My DX8 Demo

Started by
18 comments, last by LostLogic 23 years, 3 months ago
I bet its win ME that crash the program, my experience with win ME is that its very unstable on most "home built" computers. Frankly I think win ME sucks bad! I cant understand why msoft even relesed that #"¤¤. Well I''ll DL the demo and try it out

LostLogic: You have to hurry with your book! We are some eager guys here that can''t wait for it to hit the stores

In the book will you describe some tequniqes (lol i bet i made a typo there) the commersial mmorpg use or is it just small games?
Advertisement
Possibility: The ALT-Tabbing will not work, I have not put that functionality (checking) into the code for simplicity sake. I will look into the second instance thing though.

Hybris: I'm trying!! And yes, the book does describe commercial solutions to MMORPGs. You would be suprised to see how well "small" games scale though when designed properly.

Thanks again everyone for trying out the app!

webmaster@lostlogic.com
www.lostlogic.com

Edited by - lostlogic on March 19, 2001 9:06:54 PM

LostLogicwww.GamerOutfit.comXBox 360 Community Games Reviews and NewsExisled - 2D/3D Shooter for XBox 360

Hi,

I see that the keyboard problem is indeed fixed now. There''s just one thing I''m wondering about. When I shoot, or hit a bot, the graphics seem to be messed up. It''s just like the graphics have been printed with a dot-matrix printer (.....) and then scanned in. Can be the color key too.... I can post a screenshot if you like to see it (or mail it).

I just forgot to mention in the above config that I''m running 16 bit.

Oh, just found a nasty bug! I tried to change the resolution of the desktop to 32bit, and the game kinda messed up, just being 2 gray, empty "forms" (windowed version of the game). Hmm, now when I start it it says "adapter error". Probably the Voodoo3 that cannot init in 32bit... Nevermind then.

HTH

(btw, are those explosions from Unreal Tournament? I''ve seen them before when I shoot a Redeemer (huge weapon) out of the sky)
Almar Joling: I have seen the effect you are talking about and it only seems to happen on some video cards. Its as if they don''t like the alpha-blending. What kind of card do you have? Interestingly enough, the same effect happens in Asheron''s Call when you use certain cards. So, I''m not sure if its a DirectX thing or not.

The explosions come from an old texture CD I have. I will have to check Unreal to see if they match. That would be interesting.

LostLogicwww.GamerOutfit.comXBox 360 Community Games Reviews and NewsExisled - 2D/3D Shooter for XBox 360

I''ll have a look at the Unreal Level Editor, all the textures are accesible from it

But, as my config mentioned above: I''m using a Voodoo3 AGP 16Mb Vram. And if all my games would look like that, I probably got myself a new card. In other words, this is the first game where I see this problem...

Also note that I am using Windows2k. Not that I''m going to blame that for it, cause other game should have it as well, then.

Hybris, winMe has run exceptionally well for me. It rarely ever crashes (far less then win98SE) and its not a big pile of fat bloat like win2k is. And its faster then either win98 or win2k. And i know its not the cause of the problem, because other programs can run multiple instances of them similtaneously.

Possibility
Hi there,

I tryed your Demo program but I can''t seem to find an host. Is there a specific host that I could connect thou or how could I run an host from my own computer since I don''t know how to have my IP address..

Nick
StarGamer_Nick: You will either need a friend to host, or you need to run two copies on your local PC.

To find your IP address in Win2k, run ipconfig from the command prompt.

To find your IP in Win95 or Win98, run winipconfig from the command prompt.

Be sure to enter your IP address into the config.txt file.

Thanks for the info.

BTW, I forgot to put my Computer Specs..
600 Mhz Celeron
64MB RAM
Intel(R) 810e Chipset Graphics Driver (DC133 FSB133) 4.11.01.1321
Windows98

Good looking Demo BTW

Nick
PS:
StarGamer_Nick: Your welcome! I hope it works out ok on your system. Let me know if you run across any problems with it.

The "alpha" version of the next demo is almost ready. It is a first-person perspective game. I will post the link to it very soon!

Todd Barron
www.lostlogic.com
webmaster@lostlogic.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement