🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Is the site dead?

Started by
7 comments, last by Subotron 17 years, 8 months ago
Hey guys, I noticed that the site has not been updated since around July. Is the site still being updated? I'm a little concerned to see a great resource such as NeHe become a dead page.
Advertisement
Hey,

Actually we were just about to announce the release of the first batch of tutorials, which is scheduled for public testing on Monday. Stay tuned, there is still more to come :)

Cheers,
- llvllatrix
Can't wait!!! :D
my-eulogy - A blog about coding and gfxsdgi - Semi-Daily Game IdeaChunkyHacker - Viewer for Relic chunky formats (used in DOW)
cool
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Sorry for the delay guys. The tutorials, and all the source for the first batch should be ready by tomorrow.

Cheers,
- llvllatrix
NeHe isn't dead, in fact far from it. We have a dedicated team working away furiously in the background, we'll have some new stuff to show y'all soon enough.
Ruby tuts seem dead.
Well, we're still working on the first batch of lessons, because we wanted to make the basecode better and more OOP-style.
But we're only working on a new C++ branch of the lessons with lessons which should be self explaining without the full source code.
So ports to ruby and every other language will be up to you guys!
that sounds great to me! I started off OpenGL using NeHe, but after some years I can see the flaws in the code here and there. Great you guys are rewriting it all, and OOP is definetly the only way to go these days IMO. I can't wait!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement