🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Please help!

Started by
-1 comments, last by laura1316 17 years, 9 months ago
I am having the following errors with my code. I was trying to implement Lesson 31 from NeHe. I was originally using fstream.h that called apstring.cpp. When I did that I got the error that it could not find apstring.cpp. I then was advised to put #include fstream so that it would use the windows version. I am now having the following errors. In the following line of code I am seeing the following errors: std::ifstream inputFile( filename, std::ios::in | std::ios::binary | ios::nocreate ); d:\Profiles\r65136\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\Convergence Project 6\MilkShapeModel.cpp(104): error C2653: 'ios' : is not a class or namespace name d:\Profiles\r65136\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\Convergence Project 6\MilkShapeModel.cpp(104): error C2065: 'nocreate' : undeclared identifier Then in the following line of code I have the following error: inputFile.read( pBuffer, fileSize ); d:\Profiles\r65136\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\Convergence Project 6\MilkShapeModel.cpp(112): error C2664: 'std::basic_istream<_Elem,_Traits>::read' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'byte *' to 'char *' with [ _Elem=char, _Traits=std::char_traits<char> ] Please help!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement