🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

3D or 2D

Started by
1 comment, last by Avatar God 17 years, 9 months ago
Hi all! This is my first thread made on GameDev.net! Anyway I was just wondering what type of games were being made for this competition. I have been watching the screenshot thread but I can't really determine the majority of types. I'm still trying to decide if I should quickly teach myself 3D or if I should safely stick to 2D and isometry. So if you guy/girls would post what your doing so we can all get an idea about the competition :D ! (Btw, I'm hoping this was the right place to post this...)
Advertisement
actually we already had a thread like this but it was deleted not too long ago. I think that you are in alot of trouble if your going to try and start your game now. The competition has been going on for months already and there is less than two whole months left. Maybe you could make a simple game, or never sleep and work on a game but i especially dont think there is enough time to learn how to program 3d and then make a game in two months. Whatever you do good luck! By the way my team is making a 2d game but it looks like alot of people are making 3d games.
If you want to make a game, make a game.

See how much you can get done - see if you can finish! - a game for this competition. Even if you fail miserably competition-wise, as we've all done before, you'll get a lot out of the process. Then, you'll be ready for next year's contest and can kick everyones butts.

2D might be a little more realistic for this contest, for you, simply because there isn't all that much time to entirely learn the 3D process and still create a game. Might make that your goal for next time. Also, there have been some awesome 2D games made for the contests.

We're doing 3D, and it's a lot of work.
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement