🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

IMPORTANT WINSOCK QUESTION PLEASE RESPOND ASAP!!

Started by
21 comments, last by kalldrex 23 years, 3 months ago
The '0x' prefix means that the number following is in hex (base 16) instead of decimal (base 10).

So, hex 0xFF = decimal 255 and because we include 0, you have 256 different numbers or codes to play with.

Oh yeah, I agree with spacemadnes about your first question. Most of it makes no sense. What does 'the it just receives the data correct' mean? In your 2nd post, you will notice that you actually took time to articulate what you wanted to ask much more clearly.

-DeVore

Edited by - DeVore on March 8, 2001 7:55:58 AM
Advertisement
Um wait a second. How would i get the byte then the information onto the buffer?
i.e. he showd it using message[0] for the first byte, and message[1] for the message! when you send message does it send both of those?
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!!
In a word, yes.

The send function sends however much you want it to send, one of the parameters is the number of bytes to send. So just feed it sizeof(message) or something and it will send the entire array. It doesn''t send packets one byte at a time that would be insanely wasteful.

Anthracks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement