Advertisement

Oluseyi

Started by October 28, 2006 02:40 AM
22 comments, last by Oluseyi 17 years, 10 months ago
yeah, learning to take someone else's idea of art coupled with the sometimes lacking descriptions that project managers or 'designers' give you is probably the hardest part of the professional artist's world. I myself am learning this quickly, as i've only had this graphics design job since I got back from Africa a couple months ago. Eventually, I want to get into 3d game art and animation, and will be attending a university in seattle for a couple years. I dread the though of going back to school, but art has got to be better then psychology.
Where in Africa were you? As almost everyone knows, I'm from Nigeria.

I've been mulling going back to school myself (for a Masters in Industrial Design, incidentally), but the probability is declining steadily. Until it reaches the point of no return, though, I'll continue to give it the best shot I can. The admissions coordinator said I might want to consider giving myself an additional year to prepare. We'll see, but I suspect that if I don't go this coming Fall, I'll never go.
Advertisement
I was in Morocco for about a year, learning Arabic and taking some engineering classes. Great country, did alot of traveling, but I got this overwhelming feeling like I was just in a muslim, arab speaking Russia.
Just wanted to share some stuff I've been doing recently. Don't want to repeat it here when I've already posted it in Visual Arts, so check out my thread on growth and progression.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement