🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Stukkm

Started by
0 comments, last by baconfish 17 years, 8 months ago
Workshop participation thread for Stukkm
Advertisement
I don't have much of an education in drawing (or art, really). I had art class back in elementary school, but it was about as useless as the rest of my elementary school education. I took one art class in high school and decided that art was stupid (a decision I'm regretting now). I used to love to draw but never took a class for it.

I haven't actually drawn in quite a while, but here's a couple of my less crappy ones:

(apologies, I just tried scanning this one in tonight and my scanner isn't cooperating; first try at "scanning" with a digital camera)

So, I know almost nothing about art. I've looked at a few books but I've never taken the time to try out even the basic concepts. That first image I posted is probably my best success at a human figure, and I can tell there are many problems with it already (the pose in particular bugs me). The second image, I think, does a good job of showing that I don't have a clue when it comes to drawing muscles. And that I never had enough practice with proper shading.

EDIT: Oh, knowledge of art. I suppose I have a bit more experience in 3D. I've started working on making 3D models for a game I'd like to someday make.
Ok.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement