🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Drawing Workshop Permissions Bug

Started by
4 comments, last by Oluseyi 17 years, 8 months ago
I just wanted to acknowledge that there is a minor permissions bug in the setup of this forum. The ability to create threads is supposed to be restricted to slowpid and the moderator, as well as, of course, the site staff. The ability to reply, however, should be available to all, but current the forum requires that each reply be explicitly approved by the moderator, and, for whatever reason, the approval process isn't functional. We're working on it, and hopefully everything will be silky smooth by tomorrow.
Advertisement
Does it work now?

edit: Looks like it does.
I believe the error has been fixed. Much thanks to Michalson and Superpig for their work on setting this up. I recommend that participants post an introductory note, mostly about your drawing skills and what you hope to get out of the workshop, to their threads, as a way to help test that all systems are go.
Hmm, I have a slight problem. I can't see anyone's posts, except Oluseyi's. I can't see their name, their avatar, or any of their text. I can only see a blank post box. This is only on the Freehand Art Forum; however, I can see this thread correctly. Any ideas? IE6 is my browser, if it helps. I can see every other post in every other forum correctly. Only this forum's personal threads appear to be messed up. (Oh, and I checked my security settings, GDnet is still set to 'trusted sites'. Besides, I can still see this thread fine)

To illustrate my problem: This page looks like this:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Quote: Original post by Servant of the Lord
Hmm, I have a slight problem. I can't see anyone's posts, except Oluseyi's. I can't see their name, their avatar, or any of their text. I can only see a blank post box. This is only on the Freehand Art Forum; however, I can see this thread correctly. Any ideas? IE6 is my browser, if it helps. I can see every other post in every other forum correctly. Only this forum's personal threads appear to be messed up. (Oh, and I checked my security settings, GDnet is still set to 'trusted sites'. Besides, I can still see this thread fine)

To illustrate my problem: This page looks like this:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I have the exactly same problem - blank reply boxes for the participation threads - and I'm using Mozilla Firefox so I don't think it's a browser specific problem.

Edit: although I can see my post to my own thread...
Quote: Original post by Servant of the Lord
Hmm, I have a slight problem.

That was the bug. If you can see your own post here, the bug has been fixed. Those posts will not show up, however, even though the bug has been fixed.

For the record, the bug has been fixed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement