Advertisement

Walk the line - game idea - premise

Started by December 01, 2006 10:20 AM
4 comments, last by JBourrie 17 years, 9 months ago
now you start in one dimensional world. yes, you heard me right. you basically play as a line or dot or so. if you win, you move to two dimensional world. and play there. if you win that, to three dimensional. p.s. four dimensional is possible too, but VERY complicated. i think, that such a concept would be new, and also, would give the development team a proper perspective for gathering experience and building new stages of the game. another stupid idea? any comment welcome.
I like it! Kind of simple, yeah... it would just be a sort of mini game. But the idea is solid. Four dimentions wouldn't be that hard to represent in certain ways. Other than time, you could just use size as the 4th dimention. I know, I know, size is made up of 3 dimentions, but if we were to have a world inside of a cube, and cubes inside of that world, and other worlds inside of those cubes with seamless scaling transitions to those worlds... That would be cool :) Kind of simulating a 4th dimention.

I'm back to ramble on the boards again. lol

Good idea, keep thinking stuff up!
Advertisement
i looove such ramblers... hehe

but.. .when i am speaking of 4th dimension, i am thinking of the string theory...
That game Portal or w/e it's called is a pretty good exmaple of that.
link?
There is no link because it hasn't come out yet :)

It will ship with Half-Life 2: Episode Two. Until then, you can try , the demo that got them the job at Valve and the predecessor to Portal.

Check out my new game Smash and Dash at:

http://www.smashanddashgame.com/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement