Advertisement

make lunch, not war

Started by December 09, 2006 10:31 AM
4 comments, last by Beige 17 years, 9 months ago
another idea, without elves, swords and babysitters. Cook his Goose - NSG = nose sniffer game Premise: you are a young cook, starting in a village restaurant. you have to learn , fight, connive and lie, to become a famous hauteur, of the haute cuisine. your goal is to have your own restaurant and achieve 5 stars in the Micheline Guide. You have to fight all time against competition, jealous old masters (or old farts), to avoid or to accept the love (a.k.a. extramarital sex) of the wife of your chef, to gather stars and to finish as the chef of chefs in Paris. Now, funs in this game could be guessing the recipes, train for proper serving, learning how please guests etc. and outmaneuvring competition, bribing the newspapermen etc. Any kind of comment welcome, even supportive ones.
Quote: Any kind of comment welcome, even supportive ones.

Ha! On GameDev! That doesn't exist! [looksaround]

Quote: Original post by Borkhan
another idea, without elves, swords and babysitters.

I don't mind a babysitter now and then, as long as she's hot. Don't tell my wife. [grin]

Quote:
Cook his Goose - NSG = nose sniffer game

This should probably be in the Game Design forum, since it's not really about writing...

Quote: Premise: you are a young cook, starting in a village restaurant. you have to learn , fight, connive and lie, to become a famous hauteur, of the haute cuisine. your goal is to have your own restaurant and achieve 5 stars in the Micheline Guide.

I'm just not feeling it. It's not that theres anything wrong with the idea, it just feels like it's missing something to me. Maybe if it comes to me I can say exactly what.

Quote: You have to fight all time against competition, jealous old masters (or old farts), to avoid or to accept the love (a.k.a. extramarital sex) of the wife of your chef, to gather stars and to finish as the chef of chefs in Paris.

If by "fight" you mean real combat, I'm thinking of the bizarre settings of the Mother series (Earthbound), especially the police station fight in Onett, where Captain Strong and his police force fight you for the key to the city. If by "fight" you mean something else, it might make more sense :)

Quote: Now, funs in this game could be guessing the recipes, train for proper serving, learning how please guests etc. and outmaneuvring competition, bribing the newspapermen etc.

What kind of game is this? I'm somewhere beyond confused right now. I like the recipes thing, I've always been frustrated by how limited the item synthesis in games and the "cooking" in Paper Mario is... I'd love to see a cooking system where you can make up your own recipes!

The idea needs some work before it is a "game idea", but it's a start. I'd say play with it, do some sketches and figure out the mechanics and it might be a start to something fun.

Check out my new game Smash and Dash at:

http://www.smashanddashgame.com/

Advertisement
1. by fight i mean something else. like competing with some chef at some festivities. stealing his recipes. throwing cockroaches in his restaurant. etc.

2. there is training and there is fight. you train for a cook, but you fight dirty when needed.
I actually think it's a pretty fun idea, but you have not said anything about mechanics. What kind of game is it? What is the interface like?
Quote: Original post by Simian Man
I actually think it's a pretty fun idea, but you have not said anything about mechanics. What kind of game is it? What is the interface like?

i do not have the faintest idea. i just remember some movies, where the chefs were almost killing each other to be the haute cuisine. and i thought, that a combination of recipes, with photos of their results, mmmmm... my idea is a short game with a veeeeeeeeeery long list of recipes. and of course all nasty stuff.
i try to be a writer, so.... im not good at graphics etc.

For those of you who have difficulty envisioning this idea, from his description this reminds me of the game Restaraunt Tycoon or Pizza Tycoon - small, older games about building your culinary empire.

You may want to try that game if you haven't before.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement