🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for names of magazines with CDs

Started by
23 comments, last by Jester101 22 years, 12 months ago
Are you planning on any localization work, Jester? It seems like you could easily double your sales by translating to Japanese and Korean (for a game that actually needed translation). Or is English enough of a presence in these countries that it doesn''t really matter?

I''ve heard that Battle.Net Korea is one of the most active Diablo servers and that Diablo 2 sold over 1 million units in Korea alone! That kind of data makes me think shareware developers are missing the boat if they release a game solely in English.
Advertisement
Well, this is a point.
Unfortunately:
1. I cannot speak korean or japanese. That means I do not know of any korean/japanese download sites, etc. and I can''t list them there.
2. I cannot translate it myself and it won''t pay to translate it commercially.
3. I am not giving the sourcecode away for free (if ever)

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

UK PC mags won''t put the full game on because of the agreement but they willput the limited shareware version on, well I know PCGamer UK does that. Might get you a few more sales.
Hey Jester - again. I used your email on your website, but the pics/midis I designed bounced - and there''s another problem...my father "kindly" got me a new computer WORSE than my old one and reformatted my old one, killing the files. I can get in touch with some US magazine editors and see if they''ll put the shareware version of your game on it. You want me to?

Cheers
Ed
http://edropple.com
You can use my other e-mail adress:
NielsBauer@gmx.co.uk

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement