🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

lesson 6 linker error

Started by
1 comment, last by lc_overlord 17 years, 6 months ago
hi. im trying to make nehe's lesson06 work on my comp. however, i receive the following errors during the linking phase. im using vc++ express 1>------ Build started: Project: Lesson06, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------ 1>Compiling... 1>lesson06.cpp 1>.\lesson06.cpp(31) : warning C4996: 'fopen' was declared deprecated 1> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\stdio.h(234) : see declaration of 'fopen' 1> Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using fopen_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.' 1>Linking... 1>lesson06.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _auxDIBImageLoadA@4 referenced in function "struct _AUX_RGBImageRec * __cdecl LoadBMP(char *)" (?LoadBMP@@YAPAU_AUX_RGBImageRec@@PAD@Z) 1>C:\Documents and Settings\Dhruv\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Lesson06\Debug\Lesson06.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals 1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Dhruv\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Lesson06\Lesson06\Debug\BuildLog.htm" 1>Lesson06 - 2 error(s), 1 warning(s) ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ========== any helpp??
Advertisement
One answer is right in front of you --

Quote:
1>.\lesson06.cpp(31) : warning C4996: 'fopen' was declared deprecated
1> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\stdio.h(234) : see declaration of 'fopen'

This means that your compiler is fairly new (probably VS 2005...) and doesn't want you to use old fopen() -- prefer if you used fopen_s() which is MS only afaik. Either way, changing that won't fix your linker bug -- bug looks like a library is missing from the include path, or that you've not got glaux.h included properly. The copy downloaded from the website should be OK (once project format is converted), but other than that, dunno what to suggest :)

~Shiny
------------'C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg.' -Bjarne Stroustrup
that is only a warning and a minor annoyance, the real deal is found four lines down and can be fixed using the glAux replacement code found in my signature.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement