🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

confused about something

Started by
1 comment, last by cloned 17 years, 5 months ago
i am not sure if it goes here or not, if not then please move it to the right spot in the first Nehe tutorial is says to open a win32 application project and not a console one but the templates that i see are win32 are the win32 form application and win32 console application. so which one does it mean? i am using microsoft visual C++ by the way if it matters and how do i link resources to my project or can i add header files to the header list [Edited by - cloned on January 26, 2007 1:05:15 AM]
----------------------------------*insert something witty here*
Advertisement
It means you are using express version of Visual C++ which doesn't come with win32 app template.
You need to do a google search of visual studio c++ and win32 application template.
Or try doing a search on these forums since this question is asked about once per week maybe it's even on the f.a.q. page?
actually the steps are right there on express download pages
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/usingpsdk/
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe
thank you very much, i am still kinda a newb at C++

and i did look at microsoft's site but just got lost in it.
----------------------------------*insert something witty here*

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement