🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Pkg Config file for Linux

Started by
2 comments, last by droz 17 years, 4 months ago
I wrote a Pkg Config file for Linux, you can get it along with an updated Makefile at http://ww2.jeremyh.net/gnuc.zip Andreas, could you possibly include this when you release your next version? Thanks, Jeremy
Advertisement
As far as I know MingW supports pkg config files too. You could probably use the same one just update the makefile to copy it to the correct location (not sure what that is). I don't have Windows on any of my computers to test it.

Although this is less of an issue on Win32 as you'll release binaries.

[Edited by - droz on February 18, 2007 6:27:58 PM]
What does this do? My knowledge of Linux is not that big and I'm not familiar with this concept.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Sorry I've been out of town for a funeral all week.

As I'm sure you know Linux uses configure scripts to setup things and check for dependencies before compiling. A Pkg Config file allows the config file to easily check to see if the user has the library or not. They can also specify a specific version requirement if they choose.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement