🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Assignment: Blind Contour Drawing plus one

Started by
0 comments, last by Fukushuusha 17 years, 4 months ago
Okay, I'll be perfectly blunt. Blind Contour Drawing did nothing for me. But, YMMV, and we're working through the book, so let's go at it. For those who don't have the book, blind contour drawing is carried out as follows:
  1. Take your non-drawing hand and put it in a position that you can comfortably hold for 5 to 20 minutes. While the book says 5, I have read some people say that shifting the time limit to 20 minutes let them relax more and really focus on the drawing task. Generally, you want a position where your fingers are relaxed, which often causes them to curl inwards a little.
  2. Take a sheet of paper and a pencil, and, without looking at the paper, draw as your eyes move along the contours of your hand. When your eyes follow a line upwards, move your drawing hand upwards, and so on. Hold your pencil lightly, and don't press too hard on the paper.
  3. When you're done, take a look at the sheet of paper. The drawing will resemble a jumble of aimless lines, but you're not trying to draw your hand. Look at the delicate nature of the strokes you've made. You should find the lines fine, and even beautiful.
Because contour drawing can be a confusing and slightly frustrating experience, I've thrown in this straightforward drawing exercise, too [smile]:
Advertisement
I was reading about contour drawing last night before I went to sleep.Seemed pretty strange when I read it >_>

Also , what are we supposed to do with this spaceship?Draw it ? :o

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement