🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

4e6

Started by
433 comments, last by sirGustav 16 years, 9 months ago
When will the next 4 elements start? Will there be another one? As I was writing this, I had a thought: maybe you could have a children's competition too (like, under 18). But then, how would contestants prove it? Never mind...
Advertisement
4 Elements contests have started around June each year, the past few times. I would expect the next one to be announced a bit before that.

As for the requirement entrants be over 18, I would assume that is due to legal reasons. Keep in mind, the contest requires that the person who submits the entry be over 18, not every person who worked on it. If you want to enter, you could always ask your dad to do it for you.
Sirob Yes.» - status: Work-O-Rama.
Quote: Original post by sirob
As for the requirement entrants be over 18, I would assume that is due to legal reasons. Keep in mind, the contest requires that the person who submits the entry be over 18, not every person who worked on it. If you want to enter, you could always ask your dad to do it for you.

Since when? I don't remember that ever being in the contest rules, this year or last year.

edit: Actually...
Quote: Original post by 4e5 rules
The contest is open to entrants who are 13 years of age or older and located anywhere on Earth.
Yeah, you can still enter. I'm under 18 and I entered, so go for it!
I thought it was 13 years...

June, and it is January... cool! This will give me time to start practicing.

And I would like to say that I very much like the elements in 4e5 over those in 4e4.

EDIT: Sorry, I seem to be very confused. January is over. My mind wants to be in the Christmas Holidays again.

[Edited by - Silvo on February 27, 2007 1:34:43 AM]
Quote: Original post by Silvo
I thought it was 13 years...

June, and it is January... cool! This will give me time to start practicing.

And I would like to say that I very much like the elements in 4e5 over those in 4e4.

it's almost march in my time zone!
Can't wait for 4E!!
Hey it's just a month and a few days away from beginning! :)

I had a thought. What would you think of the following idea: let the gamedev community nominate and vote on the elements that will be in this years 4e contest? It might be worth doing... then again... might get some very confining elements... like 'shooting' or something. I don't know, thoughts?
Well, I think it might be a bit more fair to everyone if the elements were picked by the GDNet Staff, and have the community members vote for their favorite entry. It would save a bit of work on the Staff's part, having to go through and judge all the entries. Mind you, it would take some work to set up such a system, but it could be entertaining to let the community decide.
I nominate The 4 Elements of Romantic Love Making - Games of Romance

Wining, Dining, Kissing, and Thrusting!

AfroFire | Brin"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."-Albert Einstein

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement