🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How has Gamedev.net helped you?

Started by
40 comments, last by Michael Tanczos 23 years, 3 months ago
Personally I feel that GameDev is one of the only places I can come to get realistic and positive answers to all my questions.

Its also come in handy for showing my teachers how game development comes in handy for my studies thanks to the maths and physics tut''s

Anyway if I was to critise anything, I would say it would have to be the chat room which in my own experience has had one or two idiots in there spoiling it for everyone else. I guess thats just life...

Philip Lutas
CEO of Optical Realities
Philip LutasMy site of randomness
Advertisement
The question should be "How hasn''t GD helped you?"
GameDev.net have helped me to advance fast without having to take computer classes. I have earned money on the knowledge GD have provided me with.

Thanks GameDev.net

/MindWipe

"If it doesn''t fit, force it; if it breaks, it needed replacement anyway."
"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."
Well gamedev.net has been a big help for me when I needed help with lots of things such as advanced 3d math, to general programming. It is also a cool place to talk to people who you can relate to. People who enjoy programming, games and making games. It is quite an impressive site and it is even more impressive that it is a side project for most of you staffers. The best part about GDNet is the fact that the staff interacts with the community whenever they are not busy and it isn''t always bad news.

Also, I learned a lot of DirectX and Winsock from GDNet...and MSDN (which is the biggest and baddest help file ever )

---------------------------------------------
Well, isn't that a kind of stupid question? No offense, but you might as well ask, "How has water helped you in your survival?"
Geeze!

GDNet is the single best programming web site in existance on the earth; I'm not sure exactly how I survived without It (actually, It was what got me started on programming in the first place, and now I know C and a little C++ and now I am using both DX[NeXe] and OGL[NeHe]).

btw, GDNet is my browser's homepage =o)

Why exactly am I capitalizing "It?" Well, the capitalize "God" in the Bible, don't they??

(o= erydo =o)

Edited by - cliffhawkens on March 30, 2001 4:04:44 PM
[email=erydo@gdnmail.net" style="color: #ff0000; text-decoration:none; cursor:help;](o= erydo =o)[/email]
Heh; I hadn''t realized that someone had already made the reference to GDNet and water =o)

(o= erydo =o)

[email=erydo@gdnmail.net" style="color: #ff0000; text-decoration:none; cursor:help;](o= erydo =o)[/email]
When I need a tutorial on something new Gamedev is the first place I look, but the major reason I use Gamedev instead of some other site is that the forums are well populated and the chances of getting a swift and helpful answer to a question, or solution to a problem, are very high.

Other good points - the NeHe tutorials, the articles of course, and the library of software 3D programming, physics and maths tutorials.

Thanks for a great site
It gave me reason to learn C++. It also gave me an Idea of what I wanted to goto school for, and finally its be archive of useful information and interest articles.

Thanks
Patrick
Before I found Gamedev.net I was programming simple DOS ModeX games. Gamedev.net helped me learn DirectX and OpenGL. Now I''m working on a wicked new 3D accelerated tile engine in OpenGL!! Thanks Gamedev.net!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Jerec
JerecCM Software"Oro?"
This site has helped me learn OpenGl and other aspects of Windows programming. I''m currently making a 3D Life Simulator.
Thanks for the help!

Kris Dawson
Myriad Studios
THE BEST.

System Failure

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement