🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Tutorial #43

Started by
2 comments, last by tjisgnarly 17 years, 2 months ago
In tutorial 43 it states, "// This Is Where We Load In The Font Information From The File. // Of All The Places Where The Code Might Die, This Is The Most Likely, // As FT_New_Face Will Fail If The Font File Does Not Exist Or Is Somehow Broken. if (FT_New_Face( library, fname, 0, &face )) throw std::runtime_error("FT_New_Face failed (there is probably a problem with your font file)");" this is where my script gets an error, just like it says it probally will, but no way to fix it has been offered to beginners like me. Thank you for all of you help
Advertisement
well if all the correct code i there (which there is normally) it shouldn't happen unless it can't find the font file, in the case of lesson 43 it's "Test.ttf".
Make sure you have this or whatever font file you defined in the same directory as the .exe file.
so then when i install the game, how do i use a font that comes with the computer?
does anyone know how??

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement