🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

HELP!!! compile/build error on windows

Started by
3 comments, last by Jyberwoulf 17 years, 2 months ago
hi guys.. im a newbie in opengl / windows programming and i just found out about nehe productions and their great tutorial.. i tried everything it says but i got this weird error whenever im building the program with c++ v6: c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\wingdi.h(2791) : error C2018: unknown character '0xde' c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\wingdi.h(2800) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'sLPARAM' c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\winuser.h(3584) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'HWND' c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\winuser.h(3584) : error C2501: 'OINUSERtPI' : missing storage-class or type specifiers c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\winuser.h(3584) : fatal error C1004: unexpected end of file found Error executing cl.exe. win.obj - 5 error(s), 0 warning(s) i noticed that these errors are not of my program but on something else (wingdi.h) how do i fix this problem??? help please... i did the linking of dll's but still nothing is there a conflict if im using win xp sp2 and my compiler is microsoft visual c++ v6?? please help!! (you can reply here or email me at concept_artist_jon@yahoo.com.sg)
Advertisement
That sounds like your VC installation is corrupt. Try uninstalling/reinstalling and see if the problem persists.
VS6 is old and dead. I'd upgrade to the free VS 2005 Express edition then try again.

You could also try the Visual C++ 2003 Toolkit. There is a how-to somewhere showing how to integrate it with the Visual C++ 6.0 IDE.
Thanks for replying guys..

i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it doesn't solve anything.. the same old prob.. looks like i'll try your other suggestion of another compiler... thanks guys!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement