🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Python tutorials code

Started by
1 comment, last by Lufthanza 17 years, 2 months ago
The python code from some of the tutorials (ex. Lesson 1) is out of date, and won't run properly with up to date versions of PyOpenGL. If you guys want, I can submit what I find needs fixing as I go through the tutorials (they are very nice for learning OpenGL.)
Advertisement
Which tutorials?
And which version of Python are you planning on using?
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe
Well, so far, 1 and 3 have errors in them (making a call to sys.exit() when sys hasn't been imported) and use glut commands that don't exist in PyOpenGL anymore (glutSetDisplayFuncCallback(), etc.) and all of them use glutInit() without sys.argv (1 and 3 don't pass glutInit() a list, and cause the program not to run.) Overall, the current code will not run because of the non-existant commands being used, and errors in the handling of glutInit(). The problem with not importing sys is not Fatal, as it only causes the program throw up an error and die when it was supposed to die anyway.

I am using Python 2.4.4 and the latest version of PyOpenGL available to Sabayon users through emerge: 2.0.1.09 (released in 2004)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement