🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Can anyone help?

Started by
12 comments, last by Steve_M 17 years, 2 months ago
Oh thx, i will try to implement it right now
Advertisement
Hi,

You want to see a brilliant example of fireworks using OpenGL, 3D graphics and OpenAL sound.....download the 'Skyrocket' sourcecode via the www.reallyslick.com website. Also see my post on ReallySlick screensavers, Skyrockets is the sourcecode that I've had problems getting to run from my own compiled sourcecode, but I have now sussed the problem. I hope you have a decent graphics card to run the application.

Steve
Oh, i have seen that screen saver and i must say that it is too wonderful ^.^ and it is also...too far for a beginner like me. I tried to compile that source code with my VC++8.0 but it said that it couldnt find the "a1.h" file and i also couldnt find it anywhere.
I am having only a week left to complete the firework program and now i am still stucked with the code.
I don't know how to make some special effect like sphere-exploding or the effect of the firework explodes 2nd time after it exploded...(sorry for my bad English) and it is hard to learn because all the codes i am having now are lack of comments (and for a beginner like me, it is pretty hard to understand what they are doing with their procedures, functions, instructions...)
Well the sourcecode was originally written/compiled/built in Visual Studio 7.1 but I have compiled it successfully with both Dev-CPP and Code::Blocks without much problem. The al.h and alc.h header files are part of OpenAL (the sound equivalent of OpenGL) and needs to be installed on your PC. The download package also comes with an AL file that will install both the headers and the OpenAL.dll file in your library. These files are required for the sound engine associated with the application.

S

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement