🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Masking Weirdness- Help?

Started by
-1 comments, last by Geometrian 17 years, 2 months ago
Ok... I've got basic masking down. (http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=443159) Just one problem though. One mask works fine. 2+ does not. When overlaying one mask over another it is only transparent to some objects. i.e., when I have two masks over a background, one over the other, through the top mask (furthest from the texture), you can see the background, but not the opaque parts of the second mask (in the middle). Through the middle one, (depending on which way you look), you can see the top mask and the background. What is going on here? I need this fixed A.S.A.P. so my program doesn't look weird. Thx in advance! (Obviously I need to have both masks visible, one through the other). I have undoubtedly explained this poorly. Feel free to ask me any clarifying questions. I use Python/Pygame/PyOpenGL. It would be helpful if any assistance could be formatted that way. (I do have someone I know who knows C++, so C++ advice is OK, but I'd rather not bug him). Geometrian [Edited by - Geometrian on April 14, 2007 2:00:37 PM]

[size="1"]And a Unix user said rm -rf *.* and all was null and void...|There's no place like 127.0.0.1|The Application "Programmer" has unexpectedly quit. An error of type A.M. has occurred.
[size="2"]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement