🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

NeHe ES

Started by
2 comments, last by SSNTails 17 years, 2 months ago
Hello, Does a NeHe basecode for OpenGL|ES exist? Thanks!
Advertisement
No, OpenGL|ES didn't exist when NeHe made that basecode and so far i can't find a usermade one, basically the base code only works on pc's and there you can use the full openGL version.

But i guess that when they release OpenGL LongsPeak we might have to make new ports and lesson code for that, and openGL|ES might then also be included with that.
AFAIK, Nehe is now running under a group of volunteers and a lot of the content is being cleaned up and re-organized under a custom, standardized OpenGL framework.

If you'd like to see OpenGL|ES on Nehe, let them know; better yet, get involved with helping port the re-written lessons to the OpenGL|ES platform. There's a signifigant amount of difference between OpenGL and OpenGL|ES, so many ports will not be straight-forward. I don't think we'll see any lessons with only a single codebase for OpenGL and ES unless the APIs merge, but it's certainly possible to create something equivilant as long as the feature in question is supported by ES.

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

Okay, that means I have to port it. :)

ES and regular GL can't co-exist because even though you're using the Win32 API still, the way the buffers gets swapped and junk is different. I've got the port sort-of working, except for the part of actually getting the buffer onto the screen. :P

I will give it to the NeHe site when I finish!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement