🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

OpenGL stalling for some reason, why?

Started by
0 comments, last by quantumgamez 17 years, 2 months ago
I'm on Lesson 2 with the NeHe productions tutorials, and first I just want to say thank you for making these tutorials, for A.) they are easy to read and understand, B.) They're for FREAKEN FREE!!!!! However, after I got done with lesson 1 I thought hey that was easy now let's work on lesson 2, so I did. I coded just the few extra code needed, compiled, and built the project just fine, but now for some reason when I went and ran the project it stalled. It asked me if I want to view in fullscreen or not, I first said no, and it stalled so I waited to see no OpenGL window, then I just went like you know what let's just few this in fullscreen, but then got another error. Could it be the last bit of code we modify in lesson 2 from lesson 1 with the window, and naming the window? I have no idea, it builds the project just fine, and compiles it and then when you run it in Code::Blocks (what else is there right?) or close all programs and then just run it from the folder I saved it in it still just stalls. I need help please. Thanks, in advance!
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by quantumgamez
I'm on Lesson 2 with the NeHe productions tutorials, and first I just want to say thank you for making these tutorials, for A.) they are easy to read and understand, B.) They're for FREAKEN FREE!!!!!

However, after I got done with lesson 1 I thought hey that was easy now let's work on lesson 2, so I did. I coded just the few extra code needed, compiled, and built the project just fine, but now for some reason when I went and ran the project it stalled. It asked me if I want to view in fullscreen or not, I first said no, and it stalled so I waited to see no OpenGL window, then I just went like you know what let's just few this in fullscreen, but then got another error. Could it be the last bit of code we modify in lesson 2 from lesson 1 with the window, and naming the window?

I have no idea, it builds the project just fine, and compiles it and then when you run it in Code::Blocks (what else is there right?) or close all programs and then just run it from the folder I saved it in it still just stalls. I need help please.

Thanks, in advance!

I know what mistake I made now. I just read the //Create our OpenGL Window now incorrectly. I just downloaded the VC version of the lesson, and compared to what I had.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement