🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Tiberian Sun Landscapes and Units

Started by
1 comment, last by Arax 24 years, 8 months ago
You've seen UFO (or X-COM or whatever), right? I think TS' landscape works pretty much like it's... Basically it's a heightmap.

How the bridges fit into this... As there are no bridges over bridges, I think that bridges are more or less patched into engine with bubblegum. A special case, if you want to put it that way.

And remember, this is what I think. Of course I could be wrong - but when I witnessed a lightning hitting ground and how the crater formed, I'm convinced that I'm at least on right tracks...

Advertisement
I am wondering if anyone has any idea on how the voxel landscapes and units can be done in C++
Please Help
The bridges are sprites, as are the units and buildings. The landscape is probably voxels.

------------------
~CGameProgrammer( );

~CGameProgrammer( ); Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement