🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Lesson 47 + tex2d() = bad

Started by
-1 comments, last by fucrate 17 years, 1 month ago
I try to do lesson 47, doing a fragment shader instead of vertex, and the only thing wrong with shader is tex2d(sample, uv_float). When this function called, the compiler return error CG ERROR : The compile returned an error. This error not helpful... If i make fragment shader not do function, and say just set color to white, it work and make mesh white. But if i try to sample texture, it not compile. What give? Anyone know better way to get USEFUL error message? I just building on lesson 47 code with nehe new basecode. I'm new to CG and FxComposer does not seem useful, but if I learn it will it give good error messages? To reiterate, my problem is not running the shader, it is COMPILE. I try use ARBFP1 profile instead of cgGetLatestProfile(), but still no good, though i think that don't matter for compile anyway... Any help appreciated.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement