🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Story of Ladroven

Started by
1 comment, last by Coraan 17 years, 1 month ago
How do folks? I have been working on a story for about two years now and have recently considered it might be better played than read. Here is my basic idea In the beginning the Gods were born of light. Born with the distinctive drive to create. Each God created its own world. In time more Gods are born and more worlds are created. From one spark two Gods were created. Alia and Azraham. Alia created the world of Ladroven while Azraham created the world Drimhaduen. In time Azraham grew to be cruel forging his people into fierce destructive beings. He began sending his people into other worlds taking them over. The great council of the Gods formed to put an end to his terror. Alia, one of the eldest led the charge against her twin brother. Locked in battle the two fought for ages. In the end Azraham had the upper hand, at the moment before her demise she sent her gifts of creation into her world. The council finally forged a dimension where Azraham would remain for all eternity. The forces left from these battles needed to be removed. Ladroven, being closest to Drimhaduen is filled with monstruous creatures. Some still holding a link to their master unknownst to the Gods. Alias gifts of creation, the eight elements of Earth, Water, Fire, Wind, Sound, Lightning, Light, and Dark are forged to eight individuals. Each being the living incarnation of their represented element. The eigh will grow up in different parts of the world all within fifteen years of one another. They will be pulled spiritually to the tower, a place created by the Alias angels before her demise where the eight will unite and begin their fight to cleanse the world. And of course evil forces will gather to stop them. There is a lot more to this story I have written but obviously do not want to put it all in here. What do you think, should I try to finish this as a book or seek out someone to publish as a game? I am thinking, as a game one could play through as each of the eight making eight different perspectives on the tale and once finished, should the game gather any sort of audience, make it into a mmorpg.
Advertisement
It seems like you rushed a little to write this. If you edit it you might get proper feedback...

But I do think that the story is better, much better as a game than as a book. As a book, it kind of doesn't get all it needs. All the action, the exploring.

It seems like a mix of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Warcraft III, but with a with all the worlds in war and gods interfering and such.

Oh, but if you are going to write a book anyway, you could make it an RPG book, with options for the readers to choose what to do next. Then it could work.
Ok, allow me to reiterate. The God aspect takes place far from when the story currently is at. So ignore them for now.

We have 8 elemental guardians. Each hailing from a different place in the world. Each is born with a marking on their arms though they know nothing of what it means. Their entire lives they have had dreams of a sacred city. As they grow into their young adult years the dreams grow stronger and turns into a tugging on their souls. One at a time they follow this pulling experiencing a grand journey along the way. Each facing a number of creatures and twisted forms of the human body along the way. Some of them find one another others encounter Ambassadors (My name for them so far). A guild of men and women from all over whom had been summoned to the city to create a training facility. From all parts of the world skills of martial arts, magic, wisdom, tactics, smithery, etc are recorded and taught. The Ambassadors take it upon themselves to venture across the world settling disputes and acting as medians to settle war. Should they need to take action they are skilled in virtually anything they will need to be.
Our eight Guardians, by following their summoning or the Ambassadors they encounter are brought to the city where in a hollowed chamber a voice explains why they have been summoned. The creatures they have encountered are the beginning of the resources their dark foe has. Their task is to find the portals allowing them entry and close them. Find the ones offering the evil entity energy to reach further into their world and stop them. From here on their powers begin to manifest. (They had always been there just never explored consciously)
I would like to incorporate different world events coming about depending on your performance in a particular situation.

(I have thought one could choose the path of one character and follow their side of the story. As others join them they can be played by the computer as in the Lord of the Rings games for PS2. Possibly as they separate offer a chance to switch characters.)

If there are any more suggestions or people would like to know more of the story I will reveal more. Just be specific as to what you would like to know

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement