🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

an idea i was playing with for a while

Started by
2 comments, last by Rusty Knight X 16 years, 11 months ago
in the city of (lets call it malton) the crime wave seeping through the city has left the public afraid, and the police powerless. and yet there are the select few who are NOT powerless, quite the opposite... okay,now that i got that out of the way. this game is ,of course, about you, the hero/villan, living your life throughout a gigantic city. the powers you chose from the start will be somewhat... weak, at first, but as delve deeper into crime fighting/starting, your powers change and grow. the start of the game is you stopping a mugging. the mugging acts as a tutorial, as in using your powers to combat foes, and your powers mobility to eventually catch said foe once he begins to flee. so after the "incedent" you are thrust into the big bad world. this enviroment is huge, both wayward, but upward as well. and the game has FREEDOM, like oblivion freedom. you dont have to find "special whatchamocallits" to increase your power, all you have to do is use them. in the beggining, people will ridicule you because of your abilities, but will eventually love you or fear you, based on your actions. whats a super-hero game without a marvel licsence? which is exaclty who i will eventually pitch this to when the time comes. if all plays out as planned (which it might not, so i'm keeping my fingers crossed) then the world will become MUCH bigger. of course the whole meeting popular characters thing is as well over-played, but i actually have a reason for letting you meet heroes/villans. you can eventually accept missions from heroes like the x-men or magneto, its up to you. and if you get on there good side, you can re-play the game and have a specific super-power when you create another character. i am sorry for any mispellings or misuse of grammar, i had a really long night working and i'll try to get some time in tomorrow to see if there's any feedback. and maybe go into a little more detail on some things i skimmed. thanks for reading.
Advertisement
Step 1: Go play Crackdown.
Step 2: Consider all the pieces they got right, and then those things that could use improvement.
Step 3: Come back and discuss.
i would do that, except there's no way anyone in our family could afford an xbox 360.
but seriosuly, is there anything that confuses you?
i need critiques to tell whats wrong with it so far.

edit: wow, wrong forum, embarrasing. sorry everyone

[Edited by - xarnx on August 29, 2007 7:56:45 PM]
WELL Lad, I've got just one thing to say to YOU.

Marvel itself is producing an MMORPG for it's Marvel Characters, in which people will actually be paid to play as Marvel Characters such as Iron Man and The X-Men and such. So it's a good general idea, but... they already thunk it up.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement