Advertisement

New idea for MMORPG

Started by August 30, 2007 07:44 PM
19 comments, last by happy2267 17 years ago
Quote: I don't understand how this idea warrants the game to become an MMO. To be honest, I would try to stay as much away from making it multiplayer. Making it multiplayer means complications, and you are just making it harder for yourself. And from what I understand, you don't plan to do the art or programming(?). How do you think this game is going to be made then? It's not like making mmo's are easy. If you want to build an "MMORPG", then you should be doing a major part of it, and no, making the idea isn't a major part of it. Considering that it's going to be fairly hard for the programmer, you should either start learning one of the two major skills, or think simpler... much simpler.

I have stated a reply to this before.
Quote: Here is where the multiplayer comes into play. When you create your character, you choose a profession (i.e. sniper, demolitions, electronics expert, etc..) The missions that you get are based partly on your profession and generic ones that all professions can do. As you gain reputation, you gain access to missions that require more people. Example... You are sent to kill the head of a corporation that is your rival in business. But in order to kill him, you must find a way into his area (would require the skills of an electronics expert to get past his security), a sniper (to provide overall coverage), and maybe a demo (man to blow open a door or to disable thier equipment so they cannot follow you).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement