🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Advices about Shoujo Ai in RPG?

Started by
0 comments, last by Otaku42 16 years, 10 months ago
Hello, new here,and this is possibly my only thread >_> I started a RPG and am right now working on it,but the story is a diffiult...sitch: It will have..... *widing arms dramatically up* SHOUJO AI!!! *thunder comes in* What was that 0_0 ? ... Anyway,because this will be pretty my first game and I am unexperienced and unsure about story developement and conflicts and constellations between characters(etc.),I plead you to give me advices about Shoujo ai in RPG. ...well,duh,that's the writer help board xP. My story is somewhat stable and I can already see those special scenes I developed in my mind. But---I don't want to make clichés or some stupid soap opera(although I love teh frikkin' ANGST!!!) also no f***** fan service,so I want to ask you what would make a good shoujo ai story.I know,there should be conflicts and stuff,but I am so damn unsure ;_;. I also developed the characterization of the Heroine of the story already: http://tantrix187.deviantart.com/art/Higure-64373050 What should I take attention at? What mistakes should I not let happen? So...could you help me put by that? Or do you need more information? Thx for help
Advertisement
I like the fact that you have no interest in fan service. Too often in a girl+girl relationship, the focus is on the hot steamy sex that every single lesbian couple must SURELY have! :P In all seriousness, just think about the kind of characters you would empthasize with, and play it straight- meaning, don't force anything. I know this sounds kind of vague, but I do a lot of improvisational acting, and this is a key lesson in developing characters: Let the character come out. Don't force your character into a stereotype, and let it speak for itself; how it reacts with other characters (and love interests) will arrive soon after. I am curious, though; how will the gameplay work?
*****************************"Halophile- Noun. 1) A salt-loving bacteria; 2) An obsessive fan of the over-hyped series, with similar qualities to the previous"This Message Brought To You By the Anti-Halo Campaign

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement