🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Hey, i need some help...

Started by
1 comment, last by mperkins87 23 years, 2 months ago
What do you other programmers use to make your graphics with? What editor do u use???
Advertisement
I used to use CorelDraw 3.0 very old. It did the basics and did some file conversions.

But I felt I needed something that had layers and levels of UNDO-ing. So I waited until Paint Shop Pro 6.0 was down to $89 CDN and picked that up. It has layer manipulation, dozens of different brushes and converts all file formats.

There a lot of people who use pirated Adobe Photoshop but you''re going to have to decide the ethics on that.

What sort of graphics are you going to do?

ZoomBoy
Developing a iso-tile 2D RPG with skills, weapons, and adventure. See my old Hex-Tile RPG GAME, character editor, diary, 3D Art resources at Check out my web-site
I find that the art proggys come in 3 types:

Free - you can actually do everything you need to with free software. It just takes longer. Blender for 3D, Paint for touchups, etc.

I was never satisfied with the results.

Hobbyist SW - this is stuff aimed at non-professionals. Each piece of software usually costs $100-300 US, but you can usually get an older version for cheap if you''re patient. Ray Dream Studio, Poser, Paint shop Pro, things like that.

Keep your eyes open for older versions in Computer Arts or 3D World (magazines), or sometimes available from the manufacturers.

Professional Stuff - Maya, Photoshop, 3DSMax. Expensive stuff, $500-$5000 for a single license. I''ve never been able to afford them so I''ve never used them.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement