🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[4e6] Isthmus

Started by
2 comments, last by TechnoGoth 16 years, 9 months ago
Well its only a perliminary idea. But I'm thinking of doing a sort of sim game. Divided into two parts the Office and the Other World. During the day you are an Accountant working in an Office. Game Play: - Social Engineering - Office Tasks At night you enter the Other World, a strange surreal land where power and wealth is measured in ponies, each pony being able to do a days worth of work in the other world. Explosives are used to reshape the landscape and construction. Can you say house bomb? Each time you enter the other world you have play through a small scenario shaped by your actions during the day at the office. During the scenario the oppertunity to acquire a mystical crystal exists. Each crystal gives you some bonus in the other world but lessen your grip on reality. Multiple endings. After completing a play through you can back to any day in that session to see how your life would have changed had you made different choices. Not sure how many "days" of play there will be I'm thinking probably 5.
Advertisement
Sounds like a good idea. I just don't know what could those office decisions be and how could the affect the other world.
Pretty cool idea so far. I'm not sure how a lot of it will work yet but seems to be going in a unified direction. When you say, it lessens your grip on reality when you gather crystals, what do you mean by that?
Check out my 4E6 progress!( Personal Guarantee! You will NOT get rick-rolled. )
Quote: Original post by Lesan
Sounds like a good idea. I just don't know what could those office decisions be and how could the affect the other world.

Ya, I'm still working everthing out. But what I'm thinking is that each day at the office will present some new situation or task for the player. The players action during the day will alter various aspects of the Other world scenario. So, During one day an attractive new co-worker joins the company. Depending on how you interact with her that day and other choices will determine when you enter the other world whether the new rancher in town is a damesel in distress, a ruthless rancher, etc.

Quote: Original post by userjp
Pretty cool idea so far. I'm not sure how a lot of it will work yet but seems to be going in a unified direction. When you say, it lessens your grip on reality when you gather crystals, what do you mean by that?

I haven't fully figured that out yet. But at present it will take the simpliest form of the color in the real world becoming progressivly more grey.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement