🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

an rough idea

Started by
2 comments, last by Sulphix 16 years, 9 months ago
ok ive had a weird idea, its kinda dumb and its really rough. just a basic idea. esstianly california wants to become its own country and a war happens cuz the us doesnt want it.
Forumhttp://darksmaster923.ipbfree.com/index.php?act=homeJOIN IT!
Advertisement
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Use English correctly, please.

I THINK you're saying that California wants to become a country in itself but the rest of the US disagrees and so war between California and the rest of the country breaks out.

OK, you posted this in Writing for Games so tell me a bit about what the GAME will be like. I get the story idea, but that could be for a book, a movie or even a comic-strip. How would this work as a game?

Also, I'm not a US Military buff but here goes, I think if war DID break out in the fashion you suppose, California would be destroyed or overrun in seconds. What is California's Defense Force compared to the US Defense Force? Would California even be able to defend itself? Is this set in the future, past or present?

A rough idea doesn't really tell me much. How about you expound a little?
Nick Wilson - Junior C# Developer | See my crappy site
Quote: Original post by NickHighIQ
Use English correctly, please.

No kidding. After I read the subject line and the screen name (and before I clicked the topic to read it) I wondered, "What country is this guy from?" I was certainly not expecting it to be the U.S.A....

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Is that it? You need to elaborate on your ideas quite a bit more. Why did California secede? Is this a political move or just a common revolt? When does this take place? What side is the player character on? Who is the player character? What are some events leading up to this drastic change? What occurs during the war?

Post back when you've actually got more than this. Because right now, you've really got nothing. It's like me saying, "I've got an idea for a game. Aliens invade earth," and then leaving it at that. I really haven't said anything at all.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement