🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Shelf Space

Started by
2 comments, last by Cameron 23 years, 1 month ago
How much do publishers pay for shelf space. I''ve heard that its around 30 000 dollars/year for a store but does that mean 30 000 dollars for a chain or for one single store? Both seem kinda wrong to me. 30 000 is far too much for some space on one store while 30 000 for a whole branch seems far too easy and in the reach of alot of people. Can someone clarify that for me? I was really curious about that. Thank You
Advertisement
You pay 30.000$ to them so that they just CONSIDER to put your game on their shelves. This is a lot of money for only the right to "talk to" them. As far as I know this is for their whole chain though. But I have never dealed with them directly and have no experience concerning this, so don''t count on me.

My companies website: www.nielsbauergames.com

Thanks for the reply. So are you saying they can just take 30000 which is alot of money (just not as high as I though), talk to you about the product and not put it up and eat up your money?
Publishers pay to have their products included in stores promotional literature, to get special shelf positions (end caps) and other promotional execises. How much of the money they pay actually funds these things and how much goes into the stores bank account we will never know.

Dan Marchant
Obscure Productions
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement